It doesn’t take long for nearly all my conversations to somehow find their way to the subject of books. And when a friend recently started a thread on Facebook asking about favorite apps (because don’t we all have smartphones these days?) I was quick to recommend my all-time favorite app: Goodreads.
I believe there are five reasons why every reader should have a Goodreads account:
- No more bookmarks! If you are anything like me, you have trouble keeping up with bookmarks. And I hate leaving books lying around open. No more worries! Since we always have our smartphone at hand, now keeping up with where you are at in your book is easy– just update your page number. And it will even tell you what percentage of the book you have read.
- Never forget a book. Next time a friend recommends a book, or a new book catches your eye, don’t forget it! With the Goodreads app, you can add a book to your “to read” shelf.
- Set reading goals. How many books do you want to read this year? With the Goodreads app, you can set a reading goal, and track your progress.
- Connect with other readers. Recommend books to others by rating books and writing reviews, and find new books by reading reviews and ratings by other readers. You can discuss books, or even interact with other reader in groups.
- Giveaways. One of the perks of Goodreads is the opportunity to participate in giveaways of a wide variety of books! And who doesn’t love the opportunity to win new books?